Are rent increases on the way ?

mikeyny

Can anyone see a rush of rent reviews starting on Monday 12th October ?
Given that the 90 days notice will coincide with the end of the covid 19 temporary ban on Rent increases on January11th.

Rent not increased since October 2019. House in RPZ. When am I allowed notify of a rent increase giving 90 days notice please? I don't know am I allowed or not? Thanks.

Here’s the link to the RTB site ,

also the RPZ calculator

I've read that twice and understand it. But it doesn't answer the question. Are rent increase permitted or do we have to wait til after January 2021 when emergency covid legislation expires.

Your last rent review was October 2019 , there won’t be another permitted until after 24 months have passed October 2021 at the earliest.
Im unsure the pause for Covid 19 would push out the next review by 290 days (March 27th to Jan 11th) the duration of the pause , in such case it would be July 2022 when the next increase would apply and it would amount to more than 4%+4% As more time had passed .
The rental market could have fundamentally changed at that stage , will you still be in a RPZ at that time ?

Are rent increase permitted or do we have to wait til after January 2021 when emergency covid legislation expires.
A landlord can give notice of a rent increase but that rent increase cannot take effect before 11 January 2021 if the tenant has made the necessary COVID-related declaration to the RTB.

Back