Are people moving towards paperless billing? If not, why not?

gebbel

I'm just wondering if many people have opted for paperless bills i.e. e-bills? Surely, in this electronic age, no more forests need to be cut down to tell us what we owe. I must admit I am only recently thinking about all of this, but hope to eliminate or drastically reduce them before long.

Am I slow getting on the bandwagon? If not, why are people not already doing this?

We operate a small company and would love to go to paperless billing, but our customers still want invoices and statements by post, even if we've already e-mailed them!

It's less costly for us not to have to print them and the postage costs as well - some clients need 4 or 5 statements before they pay.

We operate a small company and would love to go to paperless billing, but our customers still want invoices and statements by post, even if we've already e-mailed them!

It's less costly for us not to have to print them and the postage costs as well - some clients need 4 or 5 statements before they pay.

Just a thought, could you offer an incentive of some sort to get them to move to paperless? Like a draw for a weekend break or something? Some people want something in return even when it's the right thing to do anyway.

I have swapped some of my bills to e-bills but not all of them.

When I opened a bank account recently, I had to provide household utility bills as part of the identity/address check. Wonder if they'll have to accept personally printed e-bills when paper billing is no more? Or do they already accept them?

All of them, bills, bank statements, the lot, long ago. No more paper bills piling up then needing to be shredded. Have kept the last paper bill from each for proof of address in case it's needed.

Proof of address is one key thing. It seems a recent utility bill is the only acceptable form to prove where you reside.
I've switched my mobile phone bill to electronic, but won't be doing the same with my electric bill for that reason.

Proof of address is one key thing. It seems a recent utility bill is the only acceptable form to prove where you reside.
I've switched my mobile phone bill to electronic, but won't be doing the same with my electric bill for that reason.

Exactly. Will never be able to switch to all paperless bills unless that changes.

Back