Are motor insurers obliged to give notice of renewal?

OhPinchy

I just realised my motor insurance expires on 15th September and I have not received any notice of renewal from my insurer (Quinn Direct). Are they obliged to give notice of renewal?

I just realised my motor insurance expires on 15th September and I have not received any notice of renewal from my insurer (Quinn Direct). Are they obliged to give notice of renewal?

Quinn always send me my renewal notices about one month before renewal. AFAIK insurers are obliged to send you a renewal notice and include details of your no claims bonus, which should make it easier to change insurance provider if you want to.

Insurers or Brokers are obliged under directive to give you 15 working days notice.

Insurers or Brokers are obliged under directive to give you 15 working days notice.

this is true but the onus is on you to make sure you are insured. Give them a call. There may have been an error, it may have been lost in the post etc....lots of things. Give them a call and get them to advise you of the premium, reissue the renewal and start shopping around.

Thanks folks, I rang them and they're looking into it and assured me that it should have been posted. They told me the renewal quote over the phone and once again it's significantly higher than the quote produced by their website.