are DITEC a reputable brand for automated gates?

NOAH

Nearing the end of my ""little" house project and endeavouring to get automated gates. Quite a few hefty quotes! recession,!!! latest one says use DITEC undeground motors, 12 month guarantee, should have battery pack as well, intercom, keypad open/close switch in house. Cost €3100 plus vat.

GSM is 450 plus vat?

Thats a lot of pairs of shoes and umbrellas for that price. Don't know about the company though

I've heard of DITEC (Italian ?) but I thought they only made remote gate / garage openers (key-fobs and receivers).

Ditec are a reputable Italian brand. I dont know how long they are in gate operators - their main business is door automation. I presume the €3100 includes the gates?
Another reputable Italian brand is Came.

Ditec make most of the commercial automated gate equipment in Ireland. They're very well known and are generally quite reliable. They're not cheap but the upside is most gate installers use them and most will carry parts if anything breaks. Other types are cheaper but harder to come by.

DITEC, FAAC and CAME are the most common products on the Irish Market. FAAC would have the largest share of the installers market.

Any of the above three are very reliable and easy to get parts for.
The price quoted you is the normal RRP for an installation including the civil work but not normally including the gates.

As the market is quite slow you should be able to get a better price but you would need to check some previous sites fitted by your chosen gate installer. Alot of the problems are caused by not sealing the control panel fully. Every cable entry point should be sealed with glands and silicon as any bugs getting into the panel will blow it. The gates also need to be fitted level and plumb.

I doubt the price includes the gates but if it does it is very cheap.
If it doesn't then by getting the gate guy to fit the underground boxes and put in all the ducts you could save about €600.00

recently got gates automated "Came "was the brand price €2800 + vat 13,5% There was extra cherges for keypad €250 Video monitor €600 They work very well The price was for Dublin could be cheaper if you are outside the PALE

Thanks all and relieved to read prices are similar. gone for a german make with 2 year guarantee etc and close to my budget of 3k.

noah

Noah,

What is the German brand you have chosen ?

By the way a lot of the gate equipment comes with a 2 year guarantee but a lot of people don't offer this with an installation.

Regards,

Paul24

Paul24

As an aside I have told gate automtaion guy to hold fire as I may have made a boo boo. If I pay cash I wont have any proper paperwork and the guy who has done my peers has added an extra 200 euro on for cutiing out the kinks and feeding through 2 pieces of flexible ducting.!! It took extra time and was not in original quote even though I told him 10 milllion times I was getting automated gates so for 2 peers 48" high, a small bit of wall on one side to be repaired, took 3 blocks, I had 64 blocks so he supplied 4 bags of cement, 64 more blocks, 2 peer caps and one wall cap that had to be cut, then plaster. Original quote 350 now its 550. 2 peer caps at 30 euro EACH, I priced these later at 9.75 each. It means any saving on gates has gone.

The stuff I was getting is called EIRE STO, ie 2 ungerground motors, 3 x zappers, 1 overide on/off switch, and a gsm unit that does not require me to pay for a sim to keep it activated, 2 keys to allow access in event of power failure total cash price 3200. He said 2 years guarantee but wesbite says 12 months. www.gateautomation.com.

I have injured myself and now not sure I could open the gates manually. I am having serious second thoughts. I go to doctor on monday so will know more then. No mention of battery back up but quite afew did mention it. I have all cables in, power connected, cable in hallway, ducting at gate, ducting in peers. I think I am getting a poor deal.

has anyone opened elecrtic gates manually ie with power off.

noah

Hi. We recently had the the electronics on our swing gates upgraded. The old system was over 20 years old. The local installer suggested a Ditec system. Its all Ditec kit, with Luxo arms.

Seems all ok so far. One question....

With the old system we had the option of opening the gates and them staying open until we pressed the button to close them again, i.e so the gates didn't automatically shut. All we did was press and hold the button on the remote for 5 secs and that ensured the gates didn't automatically shut. We were told this was not possible on the Ditec system and the only way to keep the gates from automatically closing was to block/cover the sensors after the gates were in the open position. Does this sound right?

Any advice appreciated.

sounds like the engineer had limited knowledge,trying to get a reputable service engineer is like asking to talk with santa,sell you no bother but follow up is amateur hour,sorry now i didnt review the distributor,Ditec dont care wants it sells

Back