Are charter flights cheaper?

the king

HI,
my wife and 4 kids are going on holiday to spain in july and august. i have been looking for flights for these months but they are coming in very expensive. i actually dont know what charter flights are but ive heard the are cheaper. do the airlines do charter flights to malaga, are they cheaper? and when do they start?. it is imperative that we get flights cheaper, it will be the difference of whether we get a family holiday or not. just one other thing, we have already tried Aer Lingus and Ryanair for our flights, should we be trying anybody else. your help would greatly be appreciated. thank you.

the king

Years ago charter flights could sometimes be cheaper - but it's highly unlikely that they'd be cheaper than Ryanair or Aer Lingus now

A charter flight is a flight operated on behalf of a tour operator (someone like Budget Travel etc.) mostly filled with people going on 1-2 week package holidays (flight+accomodation bundled together) ... sometimes the tour operator may sell spare seats on a flight only basis to individuals .. but normally they prefer not to do this (as package holidays are more profitable for them to sell)

... my wife and 4 kids are going on holiday to spain in july and august. ...
You will struggle to get cheap flights or accommodation in July and August as these are the peak holiday months (UK schools only close for 6 / 8 weeks in the summer, hence the huge demand. Ireland is only a drop in the ocean.)

thanks for the input so far. anybody with other options would be greatly appreciated.

the king

Is it very important that it be Spain? You might get better deals to other destinations.

All the major travel agents allow bookings of flights only on their websites. These will normally be on the chartered flights that total package tourists will be on. Just log on and check them out, as per the main airlines...

Back