ARCHOS Video

DJC

Anyone have any experience of ARCHOS 404/504/604 digital media players? I am considering buying one but I have read some worrying reviews that complain about dim screen, screen/disk failures, battery life etc.???

Also I cant make out from the description on the ACHOS website whether you can record TV/video out with the cabling that comes as standard or do you need to buy the fancy docking station??

Have one myself and its great

Never record from the TV but you can do this but not sure if you need the docking station as I do

Also can play divx format so good for the **cough** films that I download

Battery life is ok but dont use the batteries that much and the screen size is adequate enough. Mainly use it for films and creative for music, Also bought accessories from datamind.co.uk to hook up in car

Overall would recommend it and on the Archos website think they are selling off returns

Thanks Irish Gunner, does a docking station come with it, or did you buy it separately?

Thanks Irish Gunner, does a docking station come with it, or did you buy it separately?

No came with it I have Archos 440 dont want to upgrade as no need to. Has a 20gb drive and I transfer movies from pc and then watch them on tv. Not sure if you can hook it up to tv without cradle?? Also have remote so can put it in the cradle and control it without having to get up from my sofa oh the joy

Try Here for refurbished ones

Would recommend this as I was going to go for an iRiver but did some investigation and found out Archos was better

Back