Architect for North Wexford ???

Patrick777

Hi all ... I am looking for an architect for the region of North Wexford.
I am building my own house in the near future.

Lots of numbers in the golden pages etc etc. ... however what I want is personal recommendations ...

Don't choose your architect based primarily on geographical location of his or her home or office of even whether they've designed buildings in the area.
North Wexford is within 30 minutes of south Dublin, which gives you an enormous cachment area of talent.
They aren't going to be living on the site, just visiting it once a week, fortnight or month, depending.

By all means look and see what's been done around you.
There are one or two interesting things built on Tara Hill over the past decade.
Some large houses have been built between there and Gorey, one with more money in the pillars for the entrance than the front elevation, if memory serves.

You have to make sure that whoever you choose dosn't lose the run of themselves with a big bidget house, or fail to watch costs on a smaller build.
The important thing when choosing an architect is - the architect!
The next thing is - his work!

Actually, that works in reverse when you're looking for one - first you see the work, then meet and vet the architect.
You have to see something you like and get a feel for an archtiect's work both in real life and online.

Look at ODT and DBK100's comments in this thread;-

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=131450

You could look on the RIAI website and search for architects by region.
You might find someone locally who would be more in tune with something you like and offer a competent service also.
Or you might be lucky and find someone here who will give you a good recommendation - well done for considering using an architect, BTW.

FWIW

ONQ

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Don't choose your archtiect based primarily on geographical location of his or her home or office of even whether they've designed buildings in the area.

Ah! ONQ there are a few talented Designers / Architects in Wexford:)

By all means look and see what's been done around you.

The important thing when choosing an architect is - the architect!
The next thing is - his work!

I'd agree with ONQ. Have a look around the county. There are a few good examples. Get a least 3 quotes.

You could look on the RIAI website and search for architects by region.
You might find someone locally who would be more in tune with something you like and offer a competent service also.
Or you might be lucky and find someone here who will give you a good recommendation - well done for considering using an architect, BTW.
Not all Architects are registered on the RIAI website yet!
Have a look around the County to see what you like and then make enquiries or ask around for recommendations.
Good luck.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated ... any more advice is more than welcome ! Keep it coming !

Back