Architect for new driveway

Squidward

Hi,

I wish to apply for planning permission for a driveway to the front of my home. I was on to dublin city council and they informed me that I will have to have to scale drawings to submit with the planning application. Does anyone know of an architect that will just do the drawings for me? I will source the maps and newspaper advertisements myself.

Cheers,

Why don't you spend a few quid on a scale rule and some paper and draw it yourself?

If it is just a straight forward plan view of your home and a driveway it really isn't worth spendin a lot of money on an architect. If, having tried it, you don't think you can do it to the required standard then get a student or tradesman to do it for you.

When I served my apprecticeship as a bricklayer we were taught how to produce working drawings to scale and it really is very simple.

It is probably more difficult than just doin a few drawings - There are many regulations than have to be printed on the drawing.

If you look at some other drawings in the council office u will c these.. I think that the council like dealing with qualified personal with all the fancy CAD drawings.

I drew up a plan for outline planning application a few years ago and it didn't pass and I suspect that they spotted my amateur efforts and dismissed for this reason...

An Architect is a very expensive option for a driveway. There are many people with diplomas in Building studies who do this kind of work for a fraction of the cost of employing an architect. Many wood work teachers also do basic work like this and are easily paid...

No disrespect to Architects - If u were doing a house id say they generally do good work even if they are on the expensive side....

S

An Architect is a very expensive option for a driveway. There are many people with diplomas in Building studies who do this kind of work for a fraction of the cost of employing an architect. Many wood work teachers also do basic work like this and are easily paid...

it's a drawing for a driveway, not a submission for planning permission 4 a house!
show the workings that you will undertake and then submit.
It's not very hard. If you can you use a tape measure and scale your drawing then your easy as done.
Auto Cad for a driveway indeed....
that'll be like Ireland hiring Keith Wood to bring on the oranges at half time!

Last edited by a moderator: