Architect Fees

fbmpw

Hi my Architect is costing €1 per square foot to design house and lodge planning application and percolation drawings. I didnt ask at the time what was included in this. Should this include for Architect paying for percolation test and then charging you. I dont want to go back and tempt him into saying it doesnt include percolation fees.

no, it should not include any external fees...... whether to the council or otherwise.... it is simply his own fee to do what hes been engaged to do...

to be honest €1.00 per square foot is extremely cheap.... if hes competent then take hand and all....

Agree with Syd, that's very cheap.
Also it wouldn't include any of the additional costs.

That quote definitely woudn't include cost of percolation test. That is extremely cheap just for fees alone - I mustn't have done my architect research well enough when starting out on my house - it cost me over 8k to get to the planning stage you mentioned above.

And to be honest the house design ended up being so restricted by the planners (much to the absolute frustration of both myself and the architect) that in the end I probably could have bought some bog-standard layout off Irish Homes or somewhere, adapted it a little and got the same results. Pity, but hey, what can you do...

JK

Back