Architect/Arch Technician South East Area

anniem

Could anyone recommend an Architect or an Architect technician to build a house. We have a good idea of what we want and rough plans but want someone to help us through a few layout & design problems and also to help us through the planning process etc.
Application for planning will be going to Waterford County Council. Any recommendations appreciated..

hi anniem,

I could recommend anita brennan of PDS in Carlow but maybe this is a bit out for you. Like you I knew what I wanted but Anita was easy to deal with and we could work through things together - the beauty of a company like PDS is that they have an in house engineer who is also a BER assessor and there are other architects there also. Not sure if this is of any help but good luck with your plans.

angela59

Thanks angela59.
Do you have a rough estimate of what they charge? Trying to keep to a reasonable budget!

Hi anniem,

It depends on the architects office I paid about E2700 for our drawings it seems a lot - this was for planning etc - you could get someone to do a nixer for you either. Also don't forget you bore test could be E450 to E500. As I say it depends greatly on the company but have to say happy with service I got and wasn't waiting too long for drawings.

Back