Arc Life - Specified Illness Cover

Brianios

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how I can find out what is covered in "Ark Lifes Specified Illness Cover" plan please?

My wife has a €50k policy she has been paying for a long time and sadly suffered a stroke earlier this year. Thankfully she has recovered but does have some brain damage. I would imagine Stroke would be covered in something like this?

We have contacted Ark Life but they are taking a while to come back to us.

Thanks for any help

I've never seen a Specified Illness Cover plan from any insurance company that didn't include stroke as one of the illnesses, although you'll need to see the policy conditions. While there may be conditions relating to severity, from what you're saying I suspect that this will be a valid claim.

When she started the policy, she should have received the policy documentation, including the policy conditions booklet. If you can't find that then you'll have to ask Ark Life to send you a copy, along with a claim form.

Hope your wife is doing okay.

I've never seen a Specified Illness Cover plan from any insurance company that didn't include stroke as one of the illnesses, although you'll need to see the policy conditions. While there may be conditions relating to severity, from what you're saying I suspect that this will be a valid claim.

When she started the policy, she should have received the policy documentation, including the policy conditions booklet. If you can't find that then you'll have to ask Ark Life to send you a copy, along with a claim form.

Hope your wife is doing okay.
Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply.
Appreciate it.

My spouse suffered a stroke last year and made a succcessful claim from the New Ireland Critical Illness Policy.
Stroke should be covered in most Critical Illneess policies. The claim form was easy to complete. New Ireland sought a report from the consultant and the whole process took around 8 weeks. Don't delay in making a claim as there may be time limits. Also consultants can be slow to complete reports for insurance companies at the best of times. With Covid-19 they may be even slower!

Back