April's Fools gags on radio

Firefly

Cork's RED FM were saying U2 were playing live on Blackpool Shopping Centre this morning - they even had a tribute band playing (pre-recorded) it was pretty good!

Any other gems around the country?

Newstalk 106 was on about a boxing match between Paul OConnell and Bernard Dunne. They even had Bernard's promoter Brian Peters on the phone.

So do I... can't seeing it working though if they all are spending so much time in panic rooms:D

TodayFM were promoting a "nude broadcasting day" for later this week, with simultaneous webcast....:eek:

Ian Dempsey was asked whether he'd need to bring a 7 inch single or a mini-disc to protect his modesty :D

I remember years ago Cork's 96FM were on saying that Cork Co Co had given the go-ahead to replace the clocks on Shandon Bells with a digital clock - the phones went mad! Angry Corkonions on the phone giving out - it was class

Guy on Gerry Ryan right now, talking about selling book of kells to Bill Gates. Senator Norris on as well - another suggestion rename Croke Park, Coke Park and get some sponsorship!

And RTE Radio1 advertising IQ vitamin XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX...

"It's not just fish oil"

Newstalk 106 was on about a boxing match between Paul OConnell and Bernard Dunne. They even had Bernard's promoter Brian Peters on the phone.

.. and Frank Warren too.

I'm disappointed - I wanted it to be true.

It took me a while to be convinced that the Alan Shearer story wasn't a hoax :D !

Listen to Moncrieff on Newstalk later where they will be talking about a new Cadbury chocolate bar for left handed people!

Listen to Moncrieff on Newstalk later where they will be talking about a new Cadbury chocolate bar for left handed people!

As a ciotóg, I can't wait for these- I knew my chocolate fix wasn't quite right!! :D

On 98FM, they announced that a member of the Morning Crew, Dave Moore, was taking over presenting The Late Late Show.

Back