April 2010 - Good Destination?

WarrenBuffet

Hi,

My wife and I are looking to head abroad for a month this April / May. We normally like to go to destinations where the weather is hot and we can combine a few days of beach with adventure activities.

We were thinking of going to Southern Africa (South Africa, Botswana and maybe Namibia) but we are concerned about the weather.......its on the shoulder of the rainy season / winter down there. My problems is there just has to be a few days lying on the beach on this holiday (thats the compromise we have reached regarding holidays over the years!).

Does anyone have experience of these areas at this time of year? Are there are beach destinations in that neck of the woods that should be ok weather wise? Unfortunately our dates arent that flexible.

Thanks
WB

Durban is subtropical and has the beach and the city, though security can be an issue in the centre.

Just North of Durban is a place called Umhlanga Rocks which is a small town with a couple of good hotels. It's been a few years since we were there (1995!) so you ought to try Googling to see what is available now.