approx build cost

U

Unregistered

Afternoon All,

I'm sure this question shas been asked amny times and if so apologies for the
duplication. I am looking to build a 2,000-2,400 square foot house. Concrete construction.

Final design is not finished by architect and I cant really decide how big or small to build without an approximate cost of the build.

Can anyone give an approx cost per square fot for a project of this type and also what does this include e.g windows, doors, bathroom
units etc. I would hope to finish to a medium cost finish. I will be using a
building contractor not direct labour.

I have seen before estimates of between 75 to 95 euros but am unsure is that just for the shell only and windows, doors, etc have to be added on to
that.

I will be building in killaloe area if anyone can reccomend a good building contractor.

Thanks

Rules of thumb are exactly that and serve only to get a ball park figure. They dont take into account things such as bad ground conditions which could result in expensive foundations, likewise they do not include those gold plated taps you might love to have. The only true or accurate cost will be the tender figure a contractor gives. A well specified design (down to the taps) should get good tenders and final costs. If the figure comes in below your budget there is nothing to stop you improving the specification to allow for those gold taps. A few years ago £40/sqft was a good guess, now €100/sqft is just as good.

For what it's worth you could cross check any figures you get agains the [broken link removed] to house rebuilding insurance.

Back