Applying for an OverDraft?

Glacier5602

I have never applied for a Draft before. What exactly is involved, I'm actually not working at the moment though I can proove that I will have income coming in over the next few months. Will I have a chance of getting one?

Re: Applying for a Draft?

You need cash in yourr hand or in your bank account to get a bank draft

I'm not sure what you mean by 'applying for a Draft' ?

A bank draft is a product sold in branches. You pay for it there and then. There may some restrictions on how you pay for it, under anti money laundering legislation.

If you're looking to borrow to get the funds to pay for a draft, then that's a loan application - in which case your thread title is misleading.

If you are short of cash and will be in a position to clear it off in a shorot period you should apply for an overdraft to cover this situation bringing evidence if applicable as to how you will clear it off. On the other hand if you need to borrow you should apply for a term loan to be paid off over a period of months/years by say monthly payments you can afford. Again you should draw up a brief income/outgoings plan to show you can afford the payments

Thanks, is it like a meeting though, or do you just walk in? How long does it take?

Thanks, is it like a meeting though, or do you just walk in? How long does it take?
Start off with a quick phone call to your branch , they may approve you over the phone , if not they will advise whats required.