Applying feed, weed and moss killer to grass

legend99

Any grass experts tell me when i can do this? the packs say April but does that mean in somewhere like the real capital down south that you could say do it on Paddys day (depending whose in the schools cup final!) or should I be waiting til end April?

I'm no expert but this months Gardeners world magazine says that you should be cutting grass now and spraying for weeds / moss .

I live in Dublin, and if I were to go and cut grass right now, it would have to be in a small canoe with paddles /oars.

The front and back gardens are right now the nearest thing I've seen to rice paddies, in this hemisphere.

Idon't start cutting grass until well into March or April, and even then , it would depend on ground conditions.

i

Hi

I hate to admit it but I have cut my grass twice this year already ... the rate growth has been far more than expected because of the mild winter.

One bit of advice regarding weed and feed is to go for the autumn feed version rather than the standard one. You should still be able to get your hands on it. It is lower in nitrogen so you won't get a mad grass growth resulting in more mowing. Another tip is to water the lawn before you apply it so that the granules stick to the grass/weeds more easily.

I would wait until the daffodils are finished as a good indication of when to start applying the fertilizer. The weed killing part of the weed and feed only really works in warmer weather.