Applied for an AIB Click credit card

deviant

Howdy all

I applied online for an AIB Click credit card yesterday. I currently have an AIB student mastercard, and now that I'm working full-time, my intention is to close this card and transfer the balance over to the Click card if my application is successful. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the criteria are for receiving this card?

As i said, I'm working full time, my salary is 30k, I'm paid monthly, I've been in the job nearly 6 months , I've almost always paid my mastercard bill in full manually before the automatic direct debit was due and as a result have never had to pay interest over the 3 1/2 years I've had the card. Does this make me likely to get the Click card?

The reason I applied for it is because I originally rang AIB about getting my current student mastercard credit limit (€1,100) raised as it is too restrictive for ,say, booking a holiday. They said the limit on every new student mastercard is now capped at €1000 so they couldn't raise it, and that I should instead apply for the Click card.

They said if my application was successful i'd get the card and PIN within 5 working days but I'd just like to know whether to expect it or not. Any info would be very helpful, thanks!

D

Back