Apple trees pruned

R

rugbyman

I need two apple trees expertly pruned, I would do it myself but I love the trees so much and do not want to harm them, they are 60 odd years old and still bare good fruit but they now need a hard prune. I can remove the old branches OK, I just need a person who knows what they are doing and won't rip me off. Does anyone have a contact for this type of work, I know there are people who call to your door claiming to be garden experts, but I do not want to harm the trees, I need someone reliable and knowledgable.

Pref South Dublin area, i.e Blackrock...

They won't be able to do the pruning for you, but if you call into Murphy & Wood Garden Centre in Cabinteely, I'm sure that you'll get good advice on who to use. The owner there is a mine of information on anything horticultural and as it's in your area, he'll probably know someone local.

You might try here although I have no idea of the quality of the people listed - I found it with a Google search.

You might try PMing IrishGardener - I've found him/her to be very helpful and knowledgeable.