Apple iPhone passwords

Zebedee

Apple recently introduced ios14. This has a new feature which flags if your password has been compromised through a data leak. To my surprise it flagged up 4 well known and reputable outfits (not askaboutmoney) where my password had been compromised. I don’t know the process underlying these flags. I’ve never heard from said companies that my details have been compromised.

anyway it’s worth doing a check. Go into “settings“ and then “passwords”.

I upgraded the iPhone on Friday night. I went into Settings>"user_name">Password & Security and see no warnings or do security issues show up as warning dialogs or messages elsewhere?

Instead of going to user name, go directly to “passwords” (scroll about half way down). Once you click on “passwords” it’ll verify you and open up the passwords area. If there are security issues you’ll see them straightaway. Note : it also flags duplicated passwords and “easy to guess” passwords also.

Thanks. No major issues, data-leaks, etc. highlighted there, a few " eay to guess" and "duplicated", nothing major for me. A visit to a few sites to adjust some passwords. Useful facility.

If anyone is interested in this, will scan email address or passwords for compromises and presence on hack lists including details of which hacks were involved. You can also sign up for notifications in case of a future hack

Not sure if Apple are linking into this - but anyone can use the website. You don't have to be an iPhone user

Back