KBC Appeals with KBC

@Gavin77 the panel will only assess the detriment of you not having the benefit of the correct rate. The behaviour of the bank in that time will not be assessed. I discovered this myself when I went down a similar road in my own appeal recently. You can mention it but don't expect to be compensated for it.
Hi Gavin. I have included the bank's behaviour in my appeal. I referred to it on the basis that the appeals process can take account of "non-financial losses, this could include...your circumstances where this may have given rise to inconvenience, harm, personal suffering or hardship". I focused on the aggressive behaviour of KBC when they continuously phoned me demanding urgent payments which clearly, in retrospect, they had no legitimate basis for demanding and this caused me stress and personal suffering. But I have yet to get to the end so you may be right, they may take no account of this.

Thanks, I still have to find out if we will be getting an oral hearing. Kbc's responses so far prove how corrupt they are.

We had to wait months on the audio of phone calls, they hand picked one call out of a huge amount that was it. They still are not being truthful as well as other stuff. It proves at least to me they are not taking the responsibility that they should.

We had to wait months on the audio of phone calls, they hand picked one call out of a huge amount that was it. They still are not being truthful as well as other stuff. It proves at least to me they are not taking the responsibility that they should.
Gavin77 are you going through the appeals process on your own or with professional help?

Just recieved my appeal decision and I was successful. Im pleased with the compensation amount and glad this is all over . For everyone going through the process stick with it , it tests your resilience but hopefully you ll get a positive outcome .

Delighted it's all over for you aisling and great to hear you were successful.. quick question, did you have a oral hearing?

Aisling

That is great. Would you mind starting a fresh post setting out what happened, what you argued, and what the outcome was.

And if you have any tips for anyone else.

Brendan
Yes I definitely will , do you know have there been many successful appeals with KBC?

Just recieved my appeal decision and I was successful. Im pleased with the compensation amount and glad this is all over . For everyone going through the process stick with it , it tests your resilience but hopefully you ll get a positive outcome .

That’s great to hear Aisling. Can I ask when did you submit your appeal and had you professional help prior to submitting?
I’ve compiled it myself and submitted ours after meeting with PK last June but he couldn’t help us due to CB restrictions.
I’ve had to report KBC to CBI for redacted information provided to the panel.
It’s very stressful waiting.
TIA

That’s great to hear Aisling. Can I ask when did you submit your appeal and had you professional help prior to submitting?
I’ve compiled it myself and submitted ours after meeting with PK last June but he couldn’t help us due to CB restrictions.
I’ve had to report KBC to CBI for redacted information provided to the panel.
It’s very stressful waiting.
TIA
Hi there I had no professional help . I I’d it myself . I submitted appeal in February. Was over and back with additional correspondence for a few months and hearing last week

Aisling 1, no we haven't yet had had word if we're even going to get the oral hearing that we requested. There have been a couple of correspondence back and forth. But just waiting at this point.

Have your phone conversations been included in your appeal? We have requested these several times but none received.

My latest response from the Bank says they will investigate separately, outside of the appeal process & they don't wish to enter into further correspondence.

Our view is that these should be included, as they are evidence of how we were treated. We feel it shows they are hiding more information.
I don't want to halt any progress to the panel looking at our appeal. Looking for advice on those who've gone through the process. TIA

We had similar trouble getting the audio and eventually they put forward audio with a total of one call on it!!

Is your correspondence on the appeal still ongoing? We were relying on some of these calls, in particular pressure when grieving

Back