KBC Appeals with KBC

just A 2nd correspondence with more questions. Replied with answers but I queried there questioning as it has no relevance to the period in question. It felt as if they had not read my file . Probably have to wait another 2 months for a response.

Hopefully there's news soon, there seems to be a few waiting outcomes. I'm still waiting on a copy of the audio,
Still dont know if we will get oral hearing.

Was anyone with kbc successful receiving their audio disc of phone calls? I've requested them twice. First time was with the ombudsman years back and I couldn't get it to play, second time sent to the team helping us with this and the same problem.

Hi Gavin77, they told me they only commenced recording in 2010 so pre that date no recordings will be available.

Yes but with regard to how they treated so rudely and unprofessionally throughout this ordeal from then onwards is one of the reasons for our appeal. They deny this so probably wont even be on the audio. But two separate CDs wont open.

Yes but with regard to how they treated so rudely and unprofessionally throughout this ordeal from then onwards is one of the reasons for our appeal. They deny this so probably wont even be on the audio. But two separate CDs wont open.

That's irrelevant. The Appeals Panel won't assess that as part of your appeal. Their unprofessional behaviour can be raised as part of a complaint to the FSPO but isn't in the scope of the Appeals Board. You are wasting your time trying to get the Panel to listen/assess this.

Thanks say something, was I wrong in thinking the stress they caused telling me to sell my home and go and better myself ect would be heard.

@Gavin77 the panel will only assess the detriment of you not having the benefit of the correct rate. The behaviour of the bank in that time will not be assessed. I discovered this myself when I went down a similar road in my own appeal recently. You can mention it but don't expect to be compensated for it.

Was anyone with kbc successful receiving their audio disc of phone calls? I've requested them twice. First time was with the ombudsman years back and I couldn't get it to play, second time sent to the team helping us with this and the same problem.
Yeah we got two CDs from them eventually... through a data access request. We had to go back to them several times before the recordings were sent to us even though we asked for them in the first request. What we got was a lot of files many undated (none pre 2010) that were difficult to access but we did eventually.

Last edited:
Thanks we'll wait on.
My advice would be to request all files including audio by way of a data access request citing the legislation under which they are legally obliged to provide all information they hold in relation to you...

That would be data protection legislation and pursuant to Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

Specify exactly what you want and keep writing to them until you get it .... it is your information, not theirs, and they are legally obliged to give it to you.

They sent all the other documents just the audio of the calls that we're waiting on, well one that can be opened.

Hi All, was there ever a cut off date, for appealing the redress and compensation received from KBC? I was going through old CU loan statements, during the period in question, and was surprised by the amount of interest charged on these? What procedure did you follow, to register your appeals? I also started my own business during the time of the tracker scandal, and subsequently had to shut down same business, due to the considerable living expenses, and was never able to give up full time employment. I'll catch up on old threads to gain what information i can also, thanks.

Hi Gavin hope things are going well and your appeal is progressing quickly. I had my oral hearing on the 20th of August, it was intimidating to start but lucky enough I had P.Kissane with me so he did a lot of the talking. The oral appeal is for you to explain what happened and tell them anything you think hasnt been conveyed in your appeal so far. The 3 men were nice, understanding and obviously had gone through all parts of my file. Be of no doubt that they know that the bank are at fault for the whole mess and as far as I could hear they definitely believe that is wasnt a clerical error or computer software mistake. The 28th they came back with a ruling upholding my claim in full so that's the end of this for me. I hope that the end of this is as
successful for you too. Best of luck with it

Congrats to you Warren 35. Can I ask how long from 1st letter to 28th August. Mine is still going back and forth with Pk overseeing mine. 3rd letter sent to them yesterday.

Warren35, well done and thanks for the update. Kbc are dragging their heels but hopefully we will hear news soon.

Congrats to you Warren 35. Can I ask how long from 1st letter to 28th August. Mine is still going back and forth with Pk overseeing mine. 3rd letter sent to them yesterday.
Think it was around June last year that I started the appeal, it's a long process but if you get the right answer at the end it's worth the wait

Hi Warren35, Congratulations on your success. Without asking you to go into too much detail, when was drawdown of your mortgage and what did your tracker issue relate to? Many thanks

Back