KBC Appeals with KBC

There's 2 panels depending on the severity. Ours was addressed to Panel A due to loss of ownership etc & was given 3 names dealing with it.

I am just about to appeal compensation that I received in relation to KBC. They are appalling to deal with. I would love to know the level of success of appeals, I asked the girl this the other day in BDO & she said she wasn't at liberty to discuss it. So much work involved but am not letting them away with what they have done. Any information around this would be great.

I am just about to appeal compensation that I received in relation to KBC. They are appalling to deal with. I would love to know the level of success of appeals, I asked the girl this the other day in BDO & she said she wasn't at liberty to discuss it. So much work involved but am not letting them away with what they have done. Any information around this would be great.
Have you gathered all of your info? Friel Stafford have a good list of what is involved with doing an appeal.

We are just in the middle of the process so unfortunately cant give you any advice. We are requesting an oral hearing. Kbc are by no means holding their hands up so I guess this is going to be just as tough as the years we had fighting for it back. Kbc responded to our appeal we replied and waiting now on kbc. Dont know yet if we will get an oral hearing. If I get any information that will be useful I will let you know...... it's back to the waiting game again.

Us too, submitted, received Bank's response & have replied with our response to the Bank's. We've tried to prove wherever possible that we knew we were entitled to it, they denied us our contractual rights & have caused catastrophic damages.

If a decision on appeal is anticipated 14-16 weeks does that mean they are not having an oral hearing?

I dont think so we got the same and then a week or so later the banks response to our appeal that we had to reply to. I was informed it may go back and forth before the panel decide if we get an oral hearing.

Thanks Gavin77, we got the Banks response 2 wks ago & replied to that. Hoping it doesn't drag out

How do I know which appeals panel I'm going to have an oral hearing with? I was told 3 mens names but how do I know if it's A or B?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and just wanted to confirm my experiences with KBC Appeal to BDO.

I submitted our appeal last November, and I included a lot of detail and a lot of documents with the appeal form. There was a lot of activity for four months, with a great deal of further documentation requested and a series of replies from KBC to which we had to respond (they initially misrepresented some issues about our mortgage but then conceded that we were right and they were wrong). We asked for an oral hearing and were told that that might be considered. Since March there was no activity, just monthly holding letters, and BDO are not very helpful in explaining what is happening or what the likely timeframes are. Finally last week we got another letter asking further questions about another mortgage we have with another bank (entirely irrelevant it seems to me) and I am replying to that.

I'm not sure whether we'll get an oral hearing - while we did suffer a lot emotionally during the years of financial pressure and conflict with KBC we managed to avoid specific ill health and we just about managed to keep the house, while struggling with arrears and other debt.

The entire Appeals process is slower than I expected (clearly a part-time job in BDO) and it's getting a bit frustrating.

Back