KBC Appeals with KBC

Aisling1

Hi there just about to start the appeals process with KBC . Just wondering has anyone had any success or experience ?

They are slow to reply, slow to give info and just slow in general. Not hugely accommadating.

Hi Aishling, what cohort do think you belong too?. I don't know if you have send your case to P.kissane but if you haven't you should at least he will tell you if u have a chance when appealing it. He charges about €150.

Just bumping this again to see how people are progressing if they are with the Kbc appeal panel

Hi has anyone with kbc gone through the appeal process yet? Anyone had an oral hearing? Any information would be appreciated.

Hi has anyone with kbc gone through the appeal process yet? Anyone had an oral hearing? Any information would be appreciated.
Gavin77, What are you appealing?. not been deemed impacted or are you appealing the compensation you received?

Hi Gavin77, we are currently going through appeal with KBC. Its a slow burner. I lodged appeal in Oct 18. They ticked all the boxes following all there own procedures, responding within time frames etc, then the came back looking for additional information i.e copies of all borrowings during impacted period, copies of farm accounts for impacted period, household budget for impacted period, P60s and contracts of employment during impacted years. Our financial adviser said that this is only the start of a long process. We got a letter dated March 4th 2019 from BDO that the panel are looking at our claim and they will contact us with a further update as soon as possible. I think they are trying to break our spirits in the hope we will give up.

Hi Gavin. I in this appeal process since last May 2018. Our decision was to be made by 23/10/2018. We got letter from BOD stating bank KBC had not answered their questions to their satisfaction. We got second letter stating the same a month later, we got a third letter stating the same at the end of December. I reported them to the Central Bank and they took it on board. Suddenly KBC and BO D were meeting on the 21/1/2019 to sort this out. Note we got letter the day it was being sorted out. Heard our case was in a bundle to be sorted.

Remember they took our money and your money illegally. I went to ombudsman in 2015 about this and he sided with the bank KBC. I cannot go back to him until appeal process is decided on. If, more people reported this to central bank Deryble deputy govern, KBC and BOD farce of them policing themselves this would be quickly resolved. I waiting to see what fines will be imposed on them this year. But the process is a farce.

I am one of the cases who fixed after the flyer of November 06, but has been rejected on the grounds that the application process began before November 2006.

They have rejected my case and their position is final. I have not been included in any recent 'new' cases. Id love to get the ball rolling with the ombudsman and believe I have a decent case but I seem to be in limbo.

I really would love to draw a line and put this whole mess to bed.

I went through appeal process last year, can’t remember dates offhand, but think it started during Summer and completed Oct. A lot of letters been sent to verify stuff or if you wanted to add any extra info against KBC. I was appealing the compensation amount as In our case the compensation rate I thought it was pitiful in relation to all the stress caused plus things that we had to forego in the past, had gone to ombudsman and failed before tracked redress. Anyway, as you lose nothing from your redress amount, I appealed and didn’t hold my breath on any extra. But if I was successful I had a figure in my mind that I was happy with, the appeal surpassed this and I was happy with it

Remember they took our money and your money illegally.

Actually, in the strict interpretation of legalities, they covered themselves fully and did nothing illegal in the strict interpretation of contract law.

Certainly what they did was underhand and disgraceful. But due to the small print, it was not illegal and that's why the ombudsman could not rule in our favour and why no-one can go to the courts for additional compensation.

In our case the ombudsman could not rule in our favour because our mortgage contract was more than 6 years old. The central bank intervention is what saved us. I waiting on appeal process decision and can then go back to ombudsman to get our complaint reopened. The bank KBC were wholly untruthful in their defence of our complaint we put before him.

Think about how you are listing the basis of your appeal. Keep to the point by using your original mortgage contract. If you do not have a copy request one. Check the contract on page two I think it is page two. The contract should state .... " the interest costs will follow the European rate at a fee .95% ..." in KBC terms. It best to use contract than leaflet.

Sometimes by asking the right question you can be successful . All successful trackers are based on that line in the mortgage contract. Check your contract and if it there written in black and white go back to bank give them a week. Then go to ombudsman if they fail to acknowledge this.

Thanks for all the replies and advice. Raglan, it's great you have it all behind you now and are happy with the outcome. Mayoforsam all the best with your hearing. We al so have requested oral hearing. Would appreciate hearing how it goes, what we should expect on that day. Awareness good luck on your journey hopefully not too much longer for you. Appreciate all the info.

Hi Gavin77, We had our oral hearing, it was totally different to what we expected. We had sent all the information that the panel asked for( as per previous post) and were expecting a battle to prove that the over charge was responsible for our health and financial problems. After a couple of questions in relation to farm loan going into arrears the tone of the meeting switched to the impact the over charge had on our health and quality of life. We found that we were able to go into great detail on how the over charge affected our lives over the 9 year period. Both of us had problems with our health over the period which was backed up with medical reports and I feel this was the reason for the tone of the meeting. We would advise everybody to look for a oral hearing as this is the only way the panel can can look you in the eye and see first hand how the over charge has effected you. We will know in 3 to 4 weeks the out come of the hearing. Fingers crossed.

Hi all, we were impacted as part of the 650. We received redress and compensation last year. Early this year we appealed the amount of compensation we received as I didn't feel it was enough in terms of what we went through over the years. I got a call from kbc last week to be told we have been deemed further impacted and there was another cheque on its way to us. Have been told its nothing to do with the appeal and the letter would explain all. The letter shows the breakdown of figures. So we went through the review and they are still overcharging us. (Right up to last month) I am just wondering has this happend to anyone else. We did not seek any legal advise but I am wondering if we should get someone to review the figures. I can't help but wonder if we did not appeal would they still be overcharging us. I wanted to make people aware too incase anyone else is on the same boat as us.

Back