KBC Appeals with KBC

I have only for out about Kbc tracker mortgages. I signed up for 1 in Feb 2008 and was told that kbc didn't do trackers anymore. Only to see in the times if you applied for a mortgage between nov06 and feb08 kbc should have contacted you and offered you a tracker. I have recently contacted kbc. They told me that I wasn't eligible for the tracker because I drew down on my mortgage in March 08, when I contacted them and said I had applied in Feb 08they informed me that the closing date is the 16th of Feb. Keep moving the goal posts.
Screenshot_20191204_173341_com.android.chrome.jpg

Tom, your loan application date is what's key. They'd to allow consideration for draw down. Were you on a 3 or 5 yr fixed?

Hi - I’m new to this forum but would like some advice on my KBC tracker.

There are 2 parts to my case:

I fixed my mortgage in Jan 2007 for 2 years. I was an existing customer but used a broker to refinance/fix. I initially requested to fix in Aug 2006 but there was back and forward with my broker and KBC. I received a copy of all documentation on my case and it is clear from internal KBC emails that I was going to move my business to NIB. I mailed them on the 7-Nov confirming I was going to move. They then responded to my broker confirming they would offer new business rates which match the flyer. I also received an email from my broker on the 11-Dec-06 confirming the delay was due to a change in rates and he attached the flyer and new rates. I would think I have a strong case to argue I should be back on a tracker
- Part 2 is a top up which was signed in April 2007. Again, I would assume this is in scope for a tracker since a top is clearly new business and I received the letter of offer from the new business dept

I am currently going through the appeals process but I am considering legal action instead since the appeals are taking so long. Is anyone else considering legal action? Is there a reason not to go this route (other than cost)

Have any of you who were 100% successful with appeal, rejected and gone further either to FSPO or Court and had success there?

Hi, I am currently appealing compensation from KBC Tracker Mortgage Appeals process. My appeal started in June 2019, to date the bank have been very difficult to deal with. Today, via BDO I received an updated financial summary with completely different figures to what was on my original one from KBC. Discrepancies around compensation given & another 17k added to my capital. They are a disgrace how they are treating people. Having contacted them they said financial summary has errors on it & I will receive a letter from them next week. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Hi Mimipenny

I too have been going through appeals process since April 2019 . Am I correct in saying u are doing this on your own ? There are plenty more on this site that will give better advise than I. But if you are doing this on your own I suggest you contact Padraic Kissane office for advise. Yes there is a cost but you won’t have to second guess KBC. PK will give you straight advise . Basically all replies from KBC or I , he will scrutinise and then apply a cover letter counter acting what they say.

We too are going through the appeals process, nearly 2 years hopefully coming to an end soon. Kbc's behaviour has not changed since the beginning so no harm to have some help, we too have padraic helping us with our appeal.

We too are going through the appeals process, nearly 2 years hopefully coming to an end soon. Kbc's behaviour has not changed since the beginning so no harm to have some help, we too have padraic helping us with our appeal.
Are you optimistic Gavin what is your case built on, is Pk hopeful?

It's more something we feel we have to do to put it to rest. Kbc's behaviour was wrong throughout and still is. Optimistic you can never tell but if we have any useful information to pass on after we will.

Hi mccoypat94
I was wondering the same yesterday but the decisions seem to be all related to Bank of Scotland and PTSB. Are you awaiting a decision?

Yes regarding the flyer I signed a fixed term in Jan 2007, through broker after the flyer but have been excluded on the basis that the application began pre the flyer. I think there are quite a few with this angle however reading the decisions I’m not hopeful, I really wish i could have closure on this, i was want to switch mortgages but won’t whilst there’s a hint we may be successful . PKs office has gone silent on this one I used to get regular email updates

I am waiting to switch or considering selling also but while there is any glimmer of hope i would prefer to hold out. A couple of weeks ago PK did make reference to about 400 cases been disputed by KBC, its mentioned on another thread. Would really like to have an indication about where things are at or if anything is happening or pending

I was advised today that Oral hearings have been suspended with BDO for at least 2 weeks. Understandable in the circumstances.

I have been granted oral hearing for appeal but No date set for it due to current restrictions.

I'm wondering has anyone got to the end of the Appeals process with BDO and had their Appeal entirely rejected?

In my case after an 18 month process involving much exchange of correspondence and many requests for further information I was told in May that we were in fact not entitled to any compensation or redress at all because the Panel believed KBC's assertion that we should not have been given a contract promising a tracker in the first place. This surprised me greatly because the Central Bank guidelines (confirmed by the CBI by email to me) say that "an Appeals Panel in their determination cannot make a less favourable finding than the redress and compensation offer already provided by the lender".

Back