Appalling Customer Service from 3

Gabriel

I'm about to cancel my contract with 3 after problems with my phone and service were just not sorted out...nor were any of their workarounds in any way realistic.

Anyone else encounter their absolutely appaling customer service? Worst company I've ever had to deal with...by a long way!!

Am I alone in believing they are an absolute joke?

I also suffered appalling service from Three. I had to deal with a foreign call centre with people who read from scripts and were no help to me whatsoever.

I also suffered appalling service from Three. I had to deal with a foreign call centre with people who read from scripts and were no help to me whatsoever.

Yep - that's Three alright. The call centre staff don't even know what firmware is. I had to spell it for one girl!!!!

I spent the last couple of phone calls just being rude to them. It was difficult not to be. You'd ring and say I'm ringing to talk to someone in response to the email that you sent me in response to my original complaint. After spending five minutes on hold and answering various security questions they'd then ask...and what's the problem. I just started saying..."read the email please".

Worst company I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. I would strongly recommend to people to steer well clear.

The latest problem I had was with the handset itself. They advised that they could take it for three working days leaving me with no phone while they checked it out. After over 7 phone calls and two emails they still can't understand why leaving a customer with no phone for three days isn't acceptable!!

been there, done that....and ran to the hills of Meteor when my contract was up...Haven't looked back since.

I repeatedly warn people who are thinking of joining them to think again !

I'll echo all of the above comments. Dealing with 3 was the worst I've experienced with any of the mobile operators in Ireland at the moment. They've probably been the worst customer service experience I've had - full stop.

Avoid like the plague!!!

Just as a matter of interest ... when you didn't have problems with 3.... was the coverage, pricing, service etc better than the others?
ninsaga

Do they have any non indian call centres? I got put thru to the UK customer care today. They couldn't help me at all. Frustrating.

Just as a matter of interest ... when you didn't have problems with 3.... was the coverage, pricing, service etc better than the others?
ninsaga

Coverage was similar - they use Vodafone network. Pricing was better. Service was the killer though. How can you suffer a network who cuts you off for a misunderstanding on their part which could have been resolved by a simple phone call?

But in a world where pricing and coverage are pretty much uniform across all networks, it's the service that becomes the defining variable to my mind. I had problems with O2 before, and then with 3, so Vodafone have my business now, and I've no complaints at all - for the same monthly cost.

Hi,

I have always had the opposite experience of three, maybe i'm easier going, i always found the Scottish call centre staff good in that i could get the info i need without too much 3 promo stuff being thrown at me but i will not call when there indian call centre is active, they won't stop reading the scripts they have and couldn't answer my most basic questions, that got my back up. Listening to a long script only to told they didn't know and then when i asked a question they couldn't answer they kept reading the same scripted answer word for word to me

I don't dream of calling outside the UK centre's hours these days although with my 2nd upgrade this year they did give me a 10 percent discount on my tarriff. So i can't complain. Pricing and the extras such as being able to watch the news for free are what keep me with them.