Apartment Parking Spots & Bin collection

notabene

We are having difficulty with our bin collection as the bins have been placed in a spot not originally intended and surrounded by Parking spots.

previously thís was gotten away with as all of the spots hadn’t been sold or people were leaving very early in the morning. The panemic has changed morning routines & subsequently the bins are blocked in.

Spots were sold off the plans with apartments at a cost of €20k in 2005. Subsequently a final two were sold to someone who has no apartment &rents them out about five years ago. I was one of the original buyers.

the mgt agent has now decided the bins can’t be moved elsewhere & my space is the issue.There are many spots blocking the exit of the bins though mine is the easiest exit for the bin men - he has said he is looking for alternative space for my car (there isnt any, there isn’t even a visitor’s spot) nor as far as i know has this been suggested to anyone else with a car near the bins.

he is expecting me to move my car on bin nights which i had agreed to do as a gesuture of good will a couple of weeks ago for one week while he got it sorted and nothing was done - we are now facing the same situation several weeks later. I have agreed i will do it for one more week but i forsee messiness(literal &metaphorical) over christmas aside from me getting annoyed by it all - what rights do i have here

Last edited:
They were to be in a ‘bin store’ area at either end of the garage but the previous agent decided better to put them in the middle of the garage as they felt they wouldn’t be used in intended spot & easier for the bin men as they didnt have to go to two spaces. The parking spots here are back from the wall as this is where the vents are and the bins were placed between the cars & wall
Under the outside vents

I meant the spot originally intended for the bins.
They were to be in a ‘bin store’ area at either end of the garage but the previous agent decided better to put them in the middle of the garage as they felt they wouldn’t be used in intended spot & easier for the bin men as they didnt have to go to two spaces. The parking spots here are back from the wall as this is where the vents are and the bins were placed between the cars & wall
Under the outside vents

It seems strange that as you purchased a spot and live there permanently can't freely use that spot while others who don't even live there are not being asked to accommodate the bins

OP this sounds ridiculous. If you own your car space and its a designated space, do not accomodate the management company.

What would you do if you tried to sell the apartment? Tell the new owner they cant park in the space as outlined in your deeds? And they have to move the car every bin night. A potential buyer would run a mile.

No, its the MC's issue. Not your issue.

Back