Apartment Near the Dart line (South)

Hans

Not knowing Dublin very well I have been asked by someone returning to Ireland to work near Dun Laoighre where is the cheapest place to buy an apartment near the dart line and they also want not to be too far from the centre of Dublin (wants to be near the nightlife!!) I have been looking on Daft but when I put in 40000 euro and two bedroom apartment I get 'nothing available '

Hi Hans, there won't be much going for 40,000 Euro anywhere in Dublin! :)

Assuming its a typo & 400k is the budget, there are a few properties available on Daft if you search for 2 beds in South County Dublin. I would also look at properties heading northside assuming they don't mind a commute.

-

If they look in the centre D2 or D1 they'll get an apartment for under €400k. I saw a two bed in Trinity Square (D2) on daft (I've no connection with the vendor). Apartments within an easy walk of the DART line further south are more expensive than in the centre.

Thanks for replies yes I should have said 400K even though I do remember when I could have got one for 40K. I will have a look at Daft again and the centre will suit him fine but think he would prefer south of the river.

There were 2bed duplex apartments going in bray for originally 440k but might be less now, have a look at Waltrim Grove on myhome.ie. I saw the showhouse and they're lovely. Worth looking into, right beside the N11 and bus to get you to the dart for dun laoghaire (15-20mins on dart from bray)

The ideal location would probably be sandymount or blackrock (the part near the dart line) but you wouldn't get a 2 bed there for €400k unfortunately (if you could i'd buy one myself!) you might possibly pick up a 2 bed in monkstown for the €450k mark though (if you bargain down some of the ones listed at €500/475k)

Myhome.ie seems to have a couple of dun laoghaire 2-bed apartments for 420,000 mark.

FYI Waltrim are now on sale for Eur350k for 2beds (down from the Eur440k) - advertised in Metro paper this morning.
Probably not ideal for the OP request as they wanted nearer the city centre but a huge noteworthy drop in price none the less!!

Think the older apartments for sale are close to Dun Laoghaire centre but the new ones are on Rochestown Ave which is on outskirts of D.L.

Back