Apartment in Warsaw

Pique318

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a website that lists high-quality apartments to rent (for a period of 5-6 months) in Warsaw, close to the city centre or on the metro line in a nice area ?

Actually come to think of it, can anyone tell me about a nice area to live in Warsaw for the same period?
How much should one expect to pay for a fully-furnished, modern, spacious 1 bedroom apartment with broadband and good security?

Thanks,
PK.

It really depends on what you mean by "nice". Our apartment is in the very center (a couple of minutes from Marszałkowska and Aleje Jerozolimskie) and I love living there - close to all central attractions, secure due to being a gated community and quiet as all our windows face internal courtyards. But there is little green around and all you see are other buildings. Wilanów would be the opposite - lots of nature, green fields and forests nearby; but you would need to take the bus, bus+tram or bus+metro into town. There are many new developments there, modern and with security guards, most of them half-empty. Służew and Ursynów are yet another story, both on the metro line and with mixed soviet-era and modern apartment buildings. Each of those can be "nice", depending on what you are looking for. What you want to avoid is living on the other side of the Vistula river (the Eastern side)... Praga especially can be quite rough.

Back