Apartment in Barcelona

CMK

I have never been to Barcelona but thinking of staying in an apartment in the port Vell area of Barcelona - for those of you who have been to Barcelona - is this area ok and centrally located??

Many thanks

We stayed in an apartment in Barceloneta which I think is pretty much the same area. We thought it was a great location- easy to walk to Las Ramblas, a few metro stops to choose from which bring you everywhere you need to go, right on the beach and lots of bars and restaurants. When we go back will definitly stay in the same area.

thanks a million for that - Barceloneta was mentioned as well so will definitely be staying in that area.
Regards

Make sure and go the the "4 cats" for dinner....just off La Ramblas... so good we went there two nights in a row (8 of us)

If you haven't booked an appartment yet, is an excellant site for appartment rentals, highly recommend..

Agree with poster re 4Gats - really cheap at lunchtime when you often have to queue for a table; equally fab at nighttime, not as cheap as lunchtime but great value in comparison to Ireland - had a memorable dinner a couple of years ago, the works incl wine, liquers etc for about €75 for 2. Lunchtime menu about €10 (had that too). Picasso used to hang out there, designed menus etc.

Hi Beetroot -
I am just about to book accommodation in Barcelona too..

Could you tell me the name of the apartment you stayed in?
Would you recommend it?

Cheers!

Back