Anyway of getting data back off a SIM that was stolen?

Bluebean

My phone was stolen last week, and there was some text messages of very sentimental value on the SIM card.

Vodafone have given me a new SIM, so I still have my own number, but I just wondered whether Vodafone keep a database with details of what was on the SIM card? I know I should have backed it up but I didn't.

Someone mentioned that Vodafone are obliged to keep records of text messages etc. for a certain length of time, in case there was ever a police enquiry and they needed phone details? Any truth in this?

I would really love to get the messages back.

Thanks.

but I just wondered whether Vodafone keep a database with details of what was on the SIM card?
No - the SIM card is basically a form of Flash memory card and the service provider does not back it up remotely!

Someone mentioned that Vodafone are obliged to keep records of text messages etc. for a certain length of time, in case there was ever a police enquiry and they needed phone details? Any truth in this?

I would really love to get the messages back.

Thanks.

Thst is true but you are unlikley to be able to get them back for the reasons you want......

Back