Anyone with an Ulster bank or Halifax credit card?

Joe Nonety

I was wondering if it's possible to have online banking on just your credit card if you've no current or other account with them?

Why don'y you try it and see. I have online banking with ulsterbank and I have my credit card, current account and savings account all accessible.

Also, Ulster bank have issued their customers with card readers which you will soon have to use in order to sign in online.

with halifax you can see the balance of your credit card online but not the transactions, and its updated very slowly

Why not open a current account with them just to for the internet banking option. Thats what I did with Ulster bank. I declined the ATM card and just use it to look at the balance. Every now and then I use the current account to pay off my credit card bill i.,e electronic transfer from my "real" current account to the Ulster bank account. Becasue I have no cards it doesn't cost be a penny in tersm of stamp duty and its free banking anyway.

I also have a Halifax credit card and current account but you can only view your baalnce online.
From my experience of the two:

not being able to view online transactions is a pain with halifax,

but they offered me a very reasonable credit limit compared with Ulster bank. Who in my opinion were ultra cautious when giving me a credit limit.

Back