Anyone watching the series "Fringe" ?

Caveat

First of all, please don't reveal anything! - I started watching on TV3 the other night (first episode) but I believe it's been on Sky for a while and I'm guessing it's going to be a bit 'twisty'.

It seems like it might be a bit X-files ish and a bit clichéd but also a bit compelling.

My question is: does anyone reckon it's worth sticking with?

Watched a bit of it, have the rest on Sky+.

Not in a great rush to watch the rest, tbh Caveat. I'll probably try another episode or two though, in the hope it will improve.

I think it's from the makers of Lost so more than likely it'll be dragged out for a couple of years with no real conclusion to the story line - in the end you'll just stop watching it because you'll realise that it's only on because the writers haven't come up with a decent enough ending to justify the hype!!

So....... No I wouldn't reckon it's worth sticking with!

First of all, please don't reveal anything! - I started watching on TV3 the other night (first episode) but I believe it's been on Sky for a while and I'm guessing it's going to be a bit 'twisty'.

Not so - it starts on SKY One on Sunday night. Episode 4 was screened on US TV this week.

It seems like it might be a bit X-files ish and a bit clichéd but also a bit compelling.

My question is: does anyone reckon it's worth sticking with?

The missus, who is a big fan of sci-fi, including X-Files, likes the episodes she has seen so far & hopes it won't deteriorate. As of now, it's good enough to stick with. She's not a fan of Lost though. There are a couple of threads about it on www.boards.ie > Arts > Television.

Thanks guys. Might give it a shot for a while then. Didn't like Lost at all myself either and I hate watching about 5 or 6 hours/episodes of something only for it to dawn on me that it's crap.

If it's not on Sky, the people who are telling me about it must be all watching online then I suppose.

Not so - it starts on SKY One on Sunday night. Episode 4 was screened on US TV this week.

Is that from the first episode this Sunday? I meant to Sky+ it and completely forgot.

I gave up on LOST in the middle of series 3. When I did watch it I recorded it for weeks then had a fest..usually late Sunday night after everyone else was in bed. Will probably do the same with this.

If these type of shows were kept to a one - two season minimum they would be good - it's the dragging it out and filler programmes such as flash back scenes etc that really ruin them - Lost is a typical example, even the die hard lost fans are sick of it now.

Bring back twin peaks!

mmmmmm cherry pie

I saw the first two episodes and thought the show was very promising. I like the chick..er, female lead... in it....she has the sort of grow-on you quality that Gillian Anderson had in X-files.

I won't be making that mistake again after Lost and Prison Break!

I was thinking of buying prison break - would you advise no.

I gave up on Lost after season one - I felt if they couldn't get it together to get off that fecking island after one season they should just be left there.

I saw the first two episodes and thought the show was very promising.

I thought the pilot was promising enough - but I've given up already TBH.

I like the chick..er, female lead... in it....she has the sort of grow-on you quality that Gillian Anderson had in X-files.

Let me tell you, never mind growing on me, Ms Anderson all but established roots with this poster immediately.