Anyone watching the Apprentice?

Finally Michael is gone! That was about three weeks coming. I'm backing Claire to win, with either Lee or Alex in the final with her. I can't stand Alex but he's had good results over the last couple of weeks so he's definitely in with a chance. Next week it's the interviews, that should be good. Lucinda has ruined herself, Alan had to tell her to shut up so her cards are marked I think.

Did you see Claire has been accused of cheating in this week's task. Apparently a team mate has said she rang around her friends and got them to rent time in the cars from her.

Apparently tonight is the penultimate episode, but there's 5 candidates left and they always have two in the final episode. Does that mean three people are going tonight? Don't recall this ever happening before.

Apparently tonight is the penultimate episode, but there's 5 candidates left and they always have two in the final episode. Does that mean three people are going tonight? Don't recall this ever happening before.

Happened last year - so same again.

I was disappointed that Helene and Alex weren't let go last night. I really don't think either of them deserve to be in the final. Helene, in particular, has done absolutely nothing spectaculor and I really think she just got a sympathy vote last night.

The guy who was caught out lying on his CV should have gone. Big difference between four months and two years.

Also, his spelling and grammer were terrible. There could be no way someone that basic could last in a £100K job.

The guy who was caught out lying on his CV should have gone. Big difference between four months and two years.

Also, his spelling and grammer were terrible. There could be no way someone that basic could last in a £100K job.

Ohhh I totally agree...What an eejit...Imagine going on TV, knowing your application could well be scruitinized by the media, putting lies on it AND making so many mistakes..I couldn't believe it...

Unfortunately in business there are quite a number of people I am aware of earning in excess of 100k who tell lies and can't spell! (amongst other things!)

I think you mean grammar.

Mind you, I agree, I am constantly amazed by how many people at director level can't spell.

Thanks for pointing that out! It would take me to complain about someone elses spelling and then spell something wrong myself.

Also, the way he just blustered when he was caught out instead of explaining himself properly. You could see his nerves were gone.

The panel seemed to just brush off the lies with the excuses that he was hung up over his educational record.

Are Alex and Claire on the one team for next week, if so, I reckon it will be down to one of them.

It was also quite interesting the way that they were interviewed by the four different people and yet each of them had very different views on each candidate.

I don' really like any of the ones that are left.

Does anyone know if the job they will get is totally sales oriented? I think they seem to base a lot on sales techniques in a wide-boy geezer type of way.

Actually I found myself trying to answer the questions they asked myself! Led to quite a soul searching experience!

I think the ones left are pretty much one trick ponies, and it's become another reality tv series (i.e. to become famous) rather than its original premise. I think the characters are very one dimensional.

Anyone heard about the irish version of the apprentice? rumour is there is to be one.

Are Alex and Claire on the one team for next week, if so, I reckon it will be down to one of them.

No, the teams are Alex and Helene and Claire and Lee. Each team has to manage half of the original contestants which will no doubt be interesting

No, the teams are Alex and Helene and Claire and Lee. Each team has to manage half of the original contestants which will no doubt be interesting

Interesting allright. I read an interview with Lucinda yesterday and she is not returning for the last episode, as she is "too tired".

The task is to do with devising and marketing a new perfume. Given her career history, Claire would have the advantage going into this task.

Imagine having any of those four working with you! Terrible.

Does anyone know how past winners have fared? The biggest winner so far seems to have been the "badger" who lost?

Imho SAS seems to ultimately pick fairly dull people...i.e regardless of who gets to the final the actual winners are usually fairly bland types...

Last edited:

I completely agree with you. He also let Saira go in the first final and she became a lot better known that the winner.