Anyone want a Free Website (almost!)

CN624

Hi,
I'm doing an MSc in Computing and as part of it I've a project to develop a website. So instead of doing a site showing off my amazing collection of Star Wars figures I though it might be more productive to develop a site for an actual business. So if anyone is interested in having a site developed or redeveloped for their business give me a shout.
I'm sure a nominal fee can be agreed, as cans of Dutch Gold & tins of beans aren't free!

I'm interested in a website for a strength and conditioning adviser / GYM.
You can have videos of workouts for down load. examples for download to ipods. podcasts of interviews with owners etc.

And you want all that for 2 cans of Dutch Gold???:)

Is this still in embryonic stages or do you have a definite business plan and requirements for the website? The technical elements shouldn't be too difficult.

I have a website but I've been toying around with getting a new one. Technical equipment for the entertainment and event business.

PM me if you are good enough to deserve a 6 pack of dutch gold! I might even throw in a 48 peice box of pub crisps.;)

Are you looking specifically for a business/e-commerce type site with shopping-basket/ordering facilities, or would you be interested in doing a pro bono makeover for a (non-profit) historical research organisation?

I'm the inept 'webmaster' of such a text-based site, cobbled together with Frontpage years ago and which I'd love to improve — but just don't have the time/web-design skills to get my head around Dreamweaver! :eek:

Couldn't afford to offer much more payment than a six-pack of Dutch Gold, but I could promise you a free set of our annual journal (1987-present) to grace your bookshelves... pm me if you're interested!

Icarus, if you want to PM your current site address I can take a look and see if I can improve it. I'm good but not quite a fully fledged pro so I won't give you any BS and then charge you a grand for the pleasure! But until I get to that stage I'm prepared to earn what I deserve, so if I think I can help I'll do up a one page prototype for free with the info on your existing site and if you like the cut of my jib we can then talk six packs? Ok for you?
At the moment there are still literally hundreds of businesses that have websites that were '1st wave' ie they felt they had to have a web presence no matter what it looked like, but now they are starting to look as modern as Liberty Hall. With the same effect on the company's image!

DrMoriarty,
again the same to you. The money isn't the issue so if you can PM me your current site I'll take a look and see if I can help.

markowitzman said:
what aboutwebsite for a holiday villa to let in spain (mine!)?
Markowitzman,
I think I could help you. Off the top of my head I would recommend 4-6 pages, loads of images of the property - inside & out. Details of the local culture, events, entertainment, restaurants, museums etc. Maps to show where the property is located & closest airports. I can also register the site with google, yahoo, amazon etc. If you want to discuss in more detail PM me.

Sorry to bring this post off topic but Markowitzman did you ever look at www.holiday-rentals.com for listing your property ? I know someone who used it and was very happy with the service and the amount of business it generated - It could also be used in conjunction with your own site as well I suppose

I have a site for my business but its a bit (very) dated. I basically want to modernise it as my competitors sites are a lot fancier and I think I may be losing business. How long would it take you to redevelop an existing site?

Hi CN624 - I'm looking for an online web-based application (rather than a static website) for a non-profit group which I'm involved in. I have a local application built in MS Access, & I need to make this available to a broader group of individuals via the web. Security would be a big issue as the data being held is quite sensitive. This would certainly be an interesting development, and would possibly even have future commercial potential. If you are interested, PM me.

Regards - RainyDay

efm I am listed on holiday-rentals website which caters more for uk market.
Thinking of my own website for irish market.

Disabled Wheelchair Tourists Site

I am a wheelchair user who suffers from polio. I have had an idea to set up a site for a while that would be for wheelchair users and list on a county by county basis all hotels and amenities that are 100% wheelchair accessible. Currently it is frustrating to find that you do not know until you visit the sites that they are not fully accessible etc.

Maybe you might consider such a project to help

Many thanks

Fat-Chas,

If you want I can take the information/images from your existing site and and knock-up a one page prototype? If you like the look of that we can talk in more detail about your requirements?

fat-chas said:
I have a site for my business but its a bit (very) dated. I basically want to modernise it as my competitors sites are a lot fancier and I think I may be losing business. How long would it take you to redevelop an existing site?

Re: Disabled Wheelchair Tourists Site

Mary,

I think I could be able to build something to help, can you PM me with some more details on what you require in the site.

MarySmyth said:
I am a wheelchair user who suffers from polio. I have had an idea to set up a site for a while that would be for wheelchair users and list on a county by county basis all hotels and amenities that are 100% wheelchair accessible. Currently it is frustrating to find that you do not know until you visit the sites that they are not fully accessible etc.

Maybe you might consider such a project to help

Many thanks

Back