Anyone travelled to New york with The Travel Department?

johnd

The Travel Department have a five days break in New York next March. Has anyone been to NY with them before and is four nights enough for such a big city? Is JFK airport the nightmare people say it is?

Travel Department are charging €1100 for this 4 Night trip. If you book it yourself you can get flights for €503 with Aerlingus and the same hotel for €340. A saving of €257

5 days is plenty for NYC if you plan it well and only do what you really want to see and try to limit shopping to maybe just one day. Some things can be done at night and are even better when the city lights up (broadway shows, times square, top of the rock and so on)

The Travel Department have a five days break in New York next March. Has anyone been to NY with them before and is four nights enough for such a big city? Is JFK airport the nightmare people say it is?

Definitely book it yourself - much cheaper. I have been to NY 5 times now and first time was for 5 days this was the shortest time we spent there and I have to say we done more things in those 5 days than the other times we went .

JFK Airport is big but you just come out and get a bus or yellow cab into the city - no nightmare necessary

Have been to NY 4 times for varying lengths of times, 4 days being the shortest stay. I would book things yourself.
Last time I flew to Newark and it was very quiet and very easy to get to downtown NY form there. Flights were cheaper too.