Anyone switched current accounts to Perm TSB?

Sunster

Am getting fed up with the customer service from Bank of Ireland.
I am considering switching to TSB or even halifax. What you think?
Has anyone else done this and how easy/ hassle free was it switching? Are the Switching teams good?

Simple process I did it a few years ago. BOI online banking and 365 phone service are better. I suggest you do it thodugh, charges afe a bit less too in tsb

I switched to the Permo a few years back and it was very easy.
The only thing you have to do is inform any organisation which transfers money into your account, ie salary etc. The bank staff do everything else.

One piece of advice - put some money into the account immediately.

If the bank order you a cheque book, the government cheque book
stamp duty will be taken from your account very quickly, perhaps before
the funds from your old account are transferred and you can find yourself
in the red very soon. Put 20 euros in the account on day one to avoid this.

BTW, there are very few counter staff in the Permo so the queues in the bank are very long.
This does not bother me, as I have very little reason to go to a bank.
Also, this may be the case with all banks these days. I dont know how they compare

It sounds like their customer service is pretty good. I have to say that I never have any trouble dealing with PTSB for my mortgage.
In my experience, they are usually very friendly and efficient. Lump sums that I deposit in cash to go against my mortgage capital are always processed correctly and on the same day.

The other institutions I deal with for different mortgages are far worse.

Try look for info here
[broken link removed]

BTW, there are very few counter staff in the Permo so the queues in the bank are very long.
This does not bother me, as I have very little reason to go to a bank.
Also, this may be the case with all banks these days. I dont know how they compare

Gone into my local one every week for last 5 weeks or so at different times each week and never been more than 2 on front of me. Generally I use the speed lodgement thingy but had to do some counter transactions the last month or so. I also bank with AIB and no matter what branch I go into there always seems to be at least 4 on front of me and usually only one teller with a foreign exchange teller (that also duplicates as a business banking teller) on.

Hi,

I had the pleasure of leaving AIB a few years back and switched to PTSB. As said you need to tell your employer your new bank details - agree putting a few sheckles in your account in advance is a good call. it was hassle free for me and was delighted to leave former bank charges behind.

best of luck.

im currently leaving tsb because of the crippling bank charges thay landed on me