Anyone sold to South Dublin County Council

MrSmith

Just wondering if anyone has sold or has any experience selling a property to SDCC? I currently have an apartment that's rented on the HAP scheme. I would like to sell and rather than kicking tenants out who are unable to find alternative accommodation, I am thinking of offering it to SDCC. Not sure if the sale can go through with the tenants in there? I don't see why not seen as they are already getting the rent paid by the council. I have reached out to them to see if they are interested and I am waiting to hear back. Their form looks for a valuation and BER cert to start.

If anyone has sold or tried to sell to SDCC. How long did it take? Was it occupied at the time of sale? What was the process like etc?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Tenants on HAP must source private accommodation, so selling to the council to have these same tenants become council tenants won't work.

Just wondering if anyone has sold or has any experience selling a property to SDCC? I currently have an apartment that's rented on the HAP scheme. I would like to sell and rather than kicking tenants out who are unable to find alternative accommodation, I am thinking of offering it to SDCC. Not sure if the sale can go through with the tenants in there? I don't see why not seen as they are already getting the rent paid by the council. I have reached out to them to see if they are interested and I am waiting to hear back. Their form looks for a valuation and BER cert to start.

If anyone has sold or tried to sell to SDCC. How long did it take? Was it occupied at the time of sale? What was the process like etc?

Thanks in advance.
MrSmith, how did you get on with your sale? I'm in a similar situation; apartment in D24 with a HAP tenant.

Thanks in advance.
Hi MrSmith,
Contacted SDCC regarding same last year. Was told no funding in place.
Contacted again few months back.Was told that two housing bodies buy properties and then lease them back to SDCC. Sure enough got call and was told they only buy houses and not apartments.
Phoned this week to have my two yearly review to up the rent as I have it leased to SDCC on long term rental agreement. Asked the same question same answer no apartments wanted.
I have an apartment in Palmerstown D20. Good rental area. Rent now 1460x12=17500 per year. Ten year lease 10x17500=175k.
Its a 3bed apt. probably worth around 240k. No wonder the councils are broke.

Back