Anyone see this about Nick Killian

shnaek

It was on the news on Ian Dempsey’s show about this councilor who pushed some youths for possibly vanadalising an old person’s house.

The footage is here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRlAV2qukWo

The councilor has had to apologise.

[broken link removed]

Brave man, but foolish to have pushed the young lad. Interesting idea though - if councillors were to interview these guys on the streets with professional TV crews with them.

He is a councillor and is the current Cathaoirleach of Meath Co. Council. This is a link to his statement on why he did it.[broken link removed].

I must say I've never heard of the guy and his photo on his website looks disturbingly photoshopped but given the circumstances I believe he behaved with remarkable restraint.

Look how quickly those brats wanted to "call the guards" after getting a little shove. Hard men they certainly ain't. Well versed on their rights but with little concept of their responsibilities.

I'm not sure I read his statement as so much of an apology but I thought these words were very sensible. Too many communities in this country are blighted by the behaviour of petty thugs.

I hope if any of my sons ever behave like that someone beats the living daylights out of them. The kids and their parents should be the ones apologising; the kids for being scum and the parents for being crap at their job (as parents).