Anyone recommend PDF form software?

LDFerguson

Can anybody recommend good software for creating interactive PDF forms? The sort that I can set up an application form and then a customer can "fill in the blanks" on screen, before printing or e-mailing the completed form.

An example of the sort of thing I'm thinking about is the Revenue's Med 1 form [broken link removed]

I'm aware of Adobe's Designer product which you can buy for <€400 ([broken link removed]) but I'm wondering if there's any other comparable products out there?

Thanks.

No personal experience of it, but PDFill is highly rated. I can't even say if it will do what you need, but it's free to try.

Thanks DD. Was playing with it this evening. Allows you to edit existing PDFs which is interesting.

Is this of any use?

One-click Export to PDF
OpenOffice.org 1.1 introduces the one-click PDF export feature that enables you to easily create PDF files without the need for any additional third party software. This feature makes exchanging documents in a standard "read-only" file format a trivial task. The creation of PDF files normally requires relatively expensive third party add-on tools. With OpenOffice.org this feature comes for free.

Thanks Robo,

I have www.primopdf.com which allows me to create PDF documents from other applications, e.g. MS Word.

What I'm looking for is something to allow me to create PDF forms (which I'll then upload onto my website), that can be completed on-screen by a customer, like Revenue use for their Med 1 form [broken link removed]

One thing I've noticed about the PDFill software is that it doesn't seem to allow you to create "intelligent" forms, i.e. a question on the form might be "How many widgets have you?", the user answers "3" and then the form amends itself to ask the subsequent widget-specific questions three times.

The Adobe package offers that functionality, but I guess that's why the Adobe software is around 20 times dearer than PDFill. You gets what you pays for.

Thanks for all inputs to date.