Anyone receive a Text Message from Trocaire???

Tonash

Hi there,

My sister received a text this morning apparently from Trocaire, thanking her for her contribution of €5 towards much needed supplys for 3rd world countries etc and that each time she topped up her mobile credit €5 would be withdrawn by Trocaire until the end of the month.

She has no idea why this was sent to her, she hasnt registered with Trocaire or the like and is now concerned that when she tops up her credit money is going to be taken off her.

I called Trocaire Head Office myself to enquire about this but they know absolutely nothing about it but are taking it very seriously and are checking it out.They havent received any other calls regarding this which I feel is odd.....its very unlikely that my sister would be the only one in the county who has received this......so just wondering if anyone else out there has received it?

Thanks

No... but I've started receiving 'ads'

No... but I have been receiving text messages from 'talkXtra'. I have NO IDEA where these people got my number from. But I think it is a bit TOO coincidental that I started receiving these text messages as soon as my new Vodafone plan kicked-off! Vodafone too are now sending me txts saying how many minutes I've used up.

Anyone else getting txts from talkXtra, having just switched to a new Vodafone plan?

-soc

[broken link removed]

talkXtra wants to hear from you. Please let us know about any questions you have about our service. Our Customer Service team are dedicated to providing an excellent quality of service, combining experience and efficiency with a prompt and friendly approach to customer care.

Customer Service can be contacted on freephone 1800 992 436or alternatively you can write to us at 'talkXtra' FREEPOST PO Box 26 Ballinasloe Co. Galway Ireland or Email: customerservices@talkXtra.com

Customer Service hours are from 8am - 10pm 7 days a week, 365 days a year

Customer Services

Freephone: 1800 992 436 (Ireland)
Intl. Phone: + 353 9096 300 20
Email: customerservices@talkXtra.com
www: www.talkXtra.com

I read somewhere that if you receive an ulsolicited text you can forward it to 50005 and Vodafone will look into it and get it stopped. I've only sent them one ulsol. text and i've not heard from the offending company since.

Thanks for that. Yes Miner, she has actually done this so hopefully it'll be sorted out. Cheers!

Back