Anyone paying UK suppliers using AIB's iBB?

Slash

We have just started to pay suppliers using EMTS in AIB's iBB facility.

AIB are saying the system can only be used to pay into Irish bank accounts. Fair enough, but how do you pay UK suppliers, other than by setting them up as beneficiaries in iBB? Is there any way to pay UK suppliers via EMTS?

It is some time since I used BoI's ePayment service, WinBits, but I seem to remember that you could pay international suppliers with it.

Thanks.

wouldn't it be easier to just ring the bank and ask... I think, they may have a 'special business banking package, which will include uk suppliers....

AIB, you have to crate a BACS (British) formatted file and send (post) it to First Trust in Northern Ireland. This may have changed, but I don't think so.
BOI, you can send an Irish EMTS formatted file with British Accounts (not mixed) via their WinBITS/Internet site and they will forward it into BACS.
UB, they have replaced their Irish Internet system with the RBS one, this will allow full international (not just the SEPA area) credit payments (BICS, IBANs etc), via a CSV file.

Exchange rates Online banking

If your payments are smal and infrequent the bank is dine but if not, then the banks fees and exchange rates can be beaten by a broker. Try compare with xetrade in Canada or currency.ie in Dublin