Anyone moved from NIB O'Connell St to NIB College Green?

damson

I had an account in NIB O'Connell Street, but they closed the branch recently and automatically moved my account to College Green. I received a letter saying "Welcome to College Green. We've sent you a (different) letter giving your new account number", but I never got that other letter, and I'm now wondering if it went astray, and if so, how much detail was in it. In particular, I'm concerned it may also have contained a new bank card and/or cheque book, because the welcome letter I received mentioned returning my old cheque book to NIB for a stamp duty refund.

I'll be ringing the bank on Monday, but in the meantime is there anybody else here who had their account moved, and who received the letter with their account details, who can tell me what else (if anything) it contained?

Yes, everyone was moved and I received both the original notification and the final one recently confirming the move (the one you haven't received). They seem to have changed all the account numbers too, which is a bit annoying (and unnecessary.).

Unfortunately I don't have a current account with them so can't tell you if cheque or cards were included. Hopefully they would send them under separate cover?

Thanks MugsGame. Yes, hopefully there was no card or cheque book enclosed. Still not thrilled with the idea that someone else may have my new account details. Might just get them to change to (another) new account - should be a simple matter since I've made no transactions yet.

Hi,

Yep, I think you will be able to change account numbers easy enough. I was on one of the old accounts and when Danske took over they opened a new account for me with new numbers and cards.

What I didnt think was normal was they asked for all the ID again, passport, bills etc. They said that since NIB recorded almost everything on paper form, they needed to update their system!

Good luck!

phoned to open a business account and was told they dont have application forms. asked if i should call down, told maybe not as it was very busy

phoned to open a business account and was told they dont have application forms. asked if i should call down, told maybe not as it was very busy

Thats nothing. They dont even have Lodgment slips! They print off blank application forms from their web-based system.

And when you are at your "interview" you will be asked personally each question as they type them.

But the Lodgment Slip issue is unprofessional, in my opinion. Gives a cheap image.