Anyone know what the Kilfenora/Clonfert/Stanaway/Clonard Road area is like to live in

S

scorpio5

Anyone know what the Kilfenora/Clonfert/Stanaway/Clonard Road area is like to live in ?

Re: Crumlin / Kimmage Area ??

Hi Scorpio,

Welcome to AAM.

There are many previous threads in this forum on Kimmage/Crumlin in general and others on Stanaway etc. If you run the search option you should find others.

Clonfert is probably the best of the roads you mentioned I know they are all close but the can be big differences over small distances in Crumlin Stanaway is very busy with traffic etc and there can be alot of noise from this.

I'd second what BYG says - Clonfert probably best although parking's an issue if you don't have a driveway, Kilfenora fine (though I'd prefer the Stanaway end of it), Stanaway busy but if you don't mind that it's pretty ok. If you're looking at Clonard Road I'd probably stick to the Kimmage end.

What it's like to live in: it's generally a nice area, plenty of local shops and services (but you'll know that if you've narrowed down that far). The young men on Clonfert and Kilfenora really like their customised cars, but do tend to drive like sane people. There are a few bratty kids, but the majority are grand, and immediate neighbours tend to keep an eye out for each other.

My opinion is about a year out of date since I've traded up after five years in that area, but it shouldn't have changed too radically. Any questions, you can PM me if you like.
d

Re: Anyone know what the Kilfenora/Clonfert/Stanaway/Clonard Road area is like to liv

all nice roads, just try and suss out neighbours directly around. couple of heads live around clonard

Re: Anyone know what the Kilfenora/Clonfert/Stanaway/Clonard Road area is like to liv

I live on Kilfenora and must say that I've never felt more welcomed anywhere else by neighbours. Came new to the area a few years ago. Real salt of the earth Dubliners who would do anything for you. I live on the far end of the road from Stannaway Road and personally would not like to live on the Stannaway end - differing opinion to previous poster I know! Yes a few boy racers the odd weekend but not a problem like it was when I first moved there. Close to shops (an excellent new Superquinn) although 83 and 18 bus services not the best.

Good luck with the house hunt!

I've lived on Cashel Road for the past three years. like the other contributors I'm happy here. You will see/hear the odd bit of trouble like kids joyriding or teenagers shouting at night, however, it is the exception. There is a decent bus service, 19a, 54a and 83 bus stops are nearby. Shops on Sundrive, Superquinn and Dunnes on Cromwellsfort Road. Good idea to check out the neighbours if you can, but from my experience like the previous contributor our neighbours are decent obliging people. Good luck with it.