anyone know the latest ryanair hand baggage size ...

Strictly one item of cabin baggage is permitted per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (your handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc. must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage). Click here for further information

[broken link removed]

If you arrive at the boarding gate with more than one item of cabin baggage or if the item exceeds the maximum permitted dimensions or weight we reserve the right to cancel your reservation without refund and to deny you boarding

thanks for the reply - I heard they were getting very strict on these bag sizes and weights on the return leg of journeys. dont want to get caught with expensive charges.

i had my bag put into the 'box' for measurements coming back from berlin recently, never happened before, thanks to advice on here i'd recently bought this
+>
which was perfect size, my bag wasn't weighed but i was under the limit

Flew back from Liverpool yesterday with Ryanair. They were strictly enforcing the "one bag" rule, and every passenger had to put their bag into the frame to check the size.
One man had a thin cardboard folder with a picture in, which was over the size limits. He was told he would have to go and check it in, pay extra etc. He decided just to leave the picture there.

Just wondering if you have say a half filled bag which when compressed fits the dimensions will u be ok or is the actual size of the bag?

I flew to Madrid with Ryanair two weeks ago. Mrs Shark had one piece of hand luggage which we knew was slightly oversize and over the 10kg limit.
Ryanair now have staff specifically detailed to roam about the boarding area and eyeball any bags that look to be oversize , we took our place in the queue for boarding and were approached by one of these agents who asked that the bag be put into the baggage sizer ( the blue metal frame thingy that they measure the bags with) , Mrs S panicked and couldnt get the bag into the sizer , she was bluntly told that if it wont fit in it will cost €30 to check it in , so I took the bag and battered it into the sizer with my boot , removed it and boarded the aircraft where it easily fit into the overhead bin.
They are getting quite strict on baggage size , and are catching many out at the gate for an extra €30 , hence their decision to specifically detail staff to enforce it.

Flew from liverpool last week and also had to put my bag in the frame. had to force it in and couldnt get it back out again, it took two of us to get it back out so obviously it dinn't fit but nothing was said and off I went.

Back