Anyone know an energy consultant?

pat127

Anyone know someone who is qualified and experienced in recommending an overall strategy for improving my home's energy efficiency to include insulation and heating systems?

Thank you,

Pat

I'm not aware of "certified" energy consultants here in Ireland, but let us know when you find one please! Try to find a heating engineer if in doubt, these should have a degree in civil engineering combined with an extra diploma for heating technology- as far as I know.
It's like finding a certified driving tutor here in Ireland, there is simply no straight control by the state who operates at what profession achiving which results....
Go for the best.

Thanks for both replies. I at least now know a lot more than I did before!

I'll let you know what I find out,

Pat

Hi Pat,
I'm in a similar situation as yourself. Did you learn anything since?

If you are in Dublin:
[broken link removed]
I believe they do energy surveys but I can't see anything specific on the site. Certainly you could give them a call.

@pat127: It might be an idea to hold off until the new year. Sustainable Energy Ireland (SEI) are in the process of implementing the European Directive on domestic dwellings in Ireland - establishing their energy efficiency and rating them on that basis.
For the same money next year, along with an assessment and advice on improvements, you will get an Building Energy Rating (BER) cert - which could possibly be useful in the future should you decide to put your house on the market.

[broken link removed]