anyone know a good restaurant on or near leiscester square in london

polo1

Heading to London in March for a girls weekend and wondering if anyone knows any good (non expensive) type restaurant in London in Leister Square please?
Thanks,

What tpe of food? With Covent Garden / Soho / China Town virtually beside it there's no end of places....

If you like Italian you won't be disappointed with

Salieri Restaurant
376 Strand,
Strand,
London,
WC2R 0LQ

(020) 7836 1318 - walking distance to Leicester Sq

Staff very friendly, great atmosphere and decor, reasonable. They do a pre-theatre menu also

there is a place called Chiquitos tex mex with a hopping bar in it if you are lookign for lively

its part of achain along the lines of tgi

Thanks for the suggestions guys.. Italian or chinese is preferred. Their will be about 16 of us.

We are going to some bar in Leceister square afterwards (someone else has organised this ) so looking to book into somewhere around 5.30 / 6pm for dinner. Doing the Theatre the night previous so might look at the Italian option for that night..

Anymore suggestions welcome..
Thanks,

SoHo is just round the corner so the place is hopping with Chinese restaurants - most fine, some good, some bad - sorry I can't remember many names but Bar Shu (Chinese) is well regarded as is Vasco & Piero's (Italian) - both of which are about 2 or 3 minutes walk from Leicester Sq tube.

Hi. Just back from london myself. Would really recomand CHEERS. Its on regent street. Bar food is good not too expensive either. Basic food like burgers pizza.They also have a restaurant part aswell probably same menu but dearer also i found bella italia was very nice. Try to avoid aberdeen steak house on leister square. Service appalling i asked for steak well done and when i cut into it was pink and you pay for everything seperate. e.g chips, veg i love london we try to go once or twice a year. enjoy

I would recommend McDonalds. Wonderful soup and the scallops are divine. Great big Macs too.