Anyone here making GBP payments?

CCOVICH

Hi

I have a number of payments to make every month (3-4 salary/expense payments) to employees who are based in Northern Ireland. This costs €15 with AIB's internet banking for business. With BoI, it would cost €17.50. Is anyone else paying similar charges with the likes of Halifax, Ulster Bank, NIB etc.?

I transferred money electronically from BoI to a Sterling account in UK last week - no charge. Halifax were charging me Eur 15 for same transaction.

Thanks JR. Was it a GBP current account or a GBP hold account? Or just from your euro account? Was it a significant amount of money (10s or 100s of thousands?). When you say 'electronically' was it through Business Online or Banking 365? Or via another method?

When we make a payment through AIB's iBB, we are charged and the beneficiary is charged-we have the option to take those charges, but the cost of the payment then doubles.

They are being made from a GBP account (well a GBP 'hold' account) on iBB. We also have a GBP cheque book but paying salaries by cheque isn't ideal.

I make BOL tranfers from euro account to UK stg account (HSBC) and it has a €5 fee and a shockingly bad rate...

I also have a sterling (BOI) account with cheque book and each cheque costs 60p, so for me its cheaper to make a large transfer into sterling a/c and write cheques.

This is transferred electronically from my personal Banking 365 Euro account to a NatWest Sterling account (business) - in the order of Eur 3000.

Rate was better than Halifax's as well (to tune of Eur50) as not incurring the Halifax Eur 15 fee, which they introduced in last 2 months (previously I had made same transfer for free with Halifax). Cheques are not option for me.