Anyone here making GBP payments?

CCOVICH

Hi

I have a number of payments to make every month (3-4 salary/expense payments) to employees who are based in Northern Ireland. This costs €15 with AIB's internet banking for business. With BoI, it would cost €17.50. Is anyone else paying similar charges with the likes of Halifax, Ulster Bank, NIB etc.?

I transferred money electronically from BoI to a Sterling account in UK last week - no charge. Halifax were charging me Eur 15 for same transaction.

Thanks JR. Was it a GBP current account or a GBP hold account? Or just from your euro account? Was it a significant amount of money (10s or 100s of thousands?). When you say 'electronically' was it through Business Online or Banking 365? Or via another method?

When we make a payment through AIB's iBB, we are charged and the beneficiary is charged-we have the option to take those charges, but the cost of the payment then doubles.

They are being made from a GBP account (well a GBP 'hold' account) on iBB. We also have a GBP cheque book but paying salaries by cheque isn't ideal.

I make BOL tranfers from euro account to UK stg account (HSBC) and it has a €5 fee and a shockingly bad rate...

I also have a sterling (BOI) account with cheque book and each cheque costs 60p, so for me its cheaper to make a large transfer into sterling a/c and write cheques.

Thanks JR. Was it a GBP current account or a GBP hold account? Or just from your euro account? Was it a significant amount of money (10s or 100s of thousands?). When you say 'electronically' was it through Business Online or Banking 365? Or via another method?

This is transferred electronically from my personal Banking 365 Euro account to a NatWest Sterling account (business) - in the order of Eur 3000.

Rate was better than Halifax's as well (to tune of Eur50) as not incurring the Halifax Eur 15 fee, which they introduced in last 2 months (previously I had made same transfer for free with Halifax). Cheques are not option for me.

Back