Anyone having problems with free Coke music downloads?

• Thread starter Chord of Souls
  • Start date
C

Chord of Souls

Being a Coke addict (the cola variety), I decided to check out their music download website www.mycokemusic.com to avail of their offer of a free download with every can or bottle of Coke.

Having registered, I was able to rack up credits and my account has now 7 or 8 download credits in it. Only trouble is that when I try to actually download a song, it leads me to a page that says "First you must download Music Manager - Click Here". When I click the link, nothing happens. Nada. Diddly squat. I've tried it on two machines - a desktop running Windows ME and a laptop running XP. Same problem.

Has anyone out there successfully used this offer?

I've used it successfully a few times. Think you need to use IE (didn't work for me on Firefox) and I think you also need to have Media Player 7 or higher or something. You also need to download a codec, which your security settings may be blocking you from doing.

Have you got a popup blocker running in your browser? If the site relies on popup windows, you might need to override the blocker.

Firefox

Think you need to use IE (didn't work for me on Firefox)

Yeah it does'nt work in firefox, apart from that its been great.

Re: Firefox

Their FAQ says to ring 0818 313111 if you are having problems participating in this promotion. Can't provide a link 'cause it won't let me.

Anyone having problems with ... music downloads?

I have a similar problem with eircom music club. I spent €40 to get €80 worth of credits and selected 2 albums to download. They sitting in my Library within the eircom site but there's no direction on how to download them, or even burn to CD.
Suffice is to say, with all things eircom (meeow), sending an e-mail for support has been pointless.

Anyone here know how this 'service' is meant to work ?

Re: Anyone having problems with ... music downloads?

I'm up against it cos I use a mac but from my limited experience the coke site is a waste of time. The free downloads are limited to the kind of stuff you get on free cds with your sunday paper as far as I can see. When you've used a site like the iTunes music store the Coke site seems so hopelessly useless that you'd wonder why they bothered.