anyone have fax number tesco credit card

Bolter

Hi
i contacted tesco credit card by phone two weeks ago paid off my credit card in full and told them i wanted to close my account. I asked them what was the final payment due and was told they could not calculate this over the phone but that they would write to me with the final amount due. They indicated they could not close my account over the phone.
to date i have received no further correspondence from them.
I want to contact them to instruct them to close my account
I don't want to send a registered post letter (too much hassle getting to post office) but wanted to send a letter by fax as this would be a record of my closing the account. I've checked my most recent tesco credit card invoice but can't find a fax number either in Ireland or UK. Does anyone know where I could get fax number for them. (On phone they said they don't know) ?
Thanks

Great question. The short answer appears to be that they do not have a fax number. Sections 8.d and 8.e of their terms and conditions cover the ending of the agreement. It seems that you have to write to them, and include your Tesco credit card cut in half, and with the chip cut in half. You will probably get one more bill with €30 government tax on it. Pay that, and the relationship will have ceased.

Their full terms and conditions can be found at:
http://www.tesco.ie/finance/visacards/TB0498_ICC_CCA_GC_SECCI_online.pdf

Maybe just keep a photocopy, or take a picture with your phone, of the correspondence that you send them, including the card cut in half.

Thanks TLO for that. Just want rid of card at this stage! photo of letter is a good idea